Friday, January 15, 2010

My Zen Dog


I was watching my dog Jersey this morning sitting in the back yard watching a squirrel. The squirrel knew he couldn't be reached, and he seemed to torment and tease my Jersey girl in joyful play.

The startling thing was, about an hour and a half later, I looked out the window and Jersey was still sitting there, peacefully, engaged in the moment, just watching and looking around a bit.

What a reflection of inner peace. Just being in her moment, sitting quietly enjoying the day. I couldn't help but think that I would not have been able to sit that long without a fidget or distraction. It seems like a long time since I have sat quietly in the yard (or anywhere for that matter) for such an easy, luxurios extended-moment of pure beingness.

Thanks Jersey! namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment